To help you and your wife discuss the purpose and challenges of marriage
• Schedule a dinner or coffee date
• Each spouse should listen to the 30 minute The Art of Marriage presentation available from the @Home Room or download at 184.108.40.206/Tools For Men
• Each spouse should spend a few minutes writing down answers to the questions on the reverse side.
During The Date
• Spend 15 minutes discussing your answers.
• Each of you pray this brief prayer aloud…
Father, give me the grace to treat (spouse’s name) as a gift
from you and to become the gift you want me to be.
Affirming Your Spouse As God’s Gift
What are some of the qualities that first attracted you to your spouse, or that you now appreciate? (Mark all that apply)
Pays attention to detail
Remains calm in tense situations
Likes to have fun
Is well organized
Stays very focused on task
Loves spending time with people
Good at launching projects
Wants to work through disagreements
Expresses feelings well
Likes to talk
Looks good in jeans
Looks good out of jeans
Loves to be spontaneous
Can really throw a party
Seemed he/she would be great parent
Gives wise counsel
Is easy to please
How Your Marriage Tells The Truth
Every marriage is intended to reflect the living reality of the gospel. Check the ways you think your relationship tells the truth about God. Circle items where your marriage may be vulnerable to the enemy of marriage.
Each share one small step you can take to make your marriage a better picture of the gospel in the next 30 days: