As a movie night discussion guide for dad with a younger daughter
Triggers a faith discussion between father and daughter
Select whichever of the following Disney princess movies you consider most appropriate for your daughter and have it ready for a special evening together.
· Snow White
· The Little Mermaid
· Sleeping Beauty
· Beauty and the Beast
· Step One: Invite your daughter to get dressed up for a special dinner together. You can do something fancy like dinner at a nice restaurant or simple like McDonalds or home-cooked fish sticks. Just be sure to make it an early dinner to leave time for you to watch and discuss the movie.
· Step Two: Make sure you have a Bible handy, pop some popcorn and enjoy the movie selection.
· Step Three: Discuss the questions on the reverse side in order to highlight the story written on every heart that points us to the true happily-ever-after story of God’s love for his bride.
After watching the film, ask your daughter the following questions.
1. Describe the girl’s life at the beginning of the story. Is she happy? Does she wish for something more?
2. What danger does the girl face? Is there anyone who wants to harm her or make her unhappy? What kind of obstacles (problems) must be overcome?
3. What magical things happen to help make the girl’s dreams come true?
Read each Bible passage and then talk about the way princess stories reflect the true story of God.
Read I Peter 5:8
Comment: Our real world has a villain named Satan who deceives us and creates other obstacles to keep us away from our happily-ever-after destiny.
Read I Corinthians 15:55-57
Comment: God defeated the villain with the “magic” (actually, the miracle) of Jesus’ resurrection from the dead. Now we can escape the darkness of sin and ‘marry’ the Son of the King!
Read Revelation 19:7
Comment: Little girls hope for “happily-ever-after” with a handsome prince because it points them to the true story where God invites us to live happily-ever-after as His bride.
For more ideas: www.MovieNightChat.com